Development Victoria's affordable housing commitment
For many Victorians, being able to own a home close to work, school and the services they need is out of reach. At Development Victoria, we're in a position to help.
We make home ownership possible for more Victorians, with our range of affordable and high-quality homes catering for different budgets, lifestyles and people.
We aim to offer at least a quarter of the homes we build to households that earn less than $132,030 per year, giving more people the opportunity to live where they want to be – at prices they can afford.
How does it work?
Eligible buyers will have a 7 day Priority Access period during which they can make a purchase, before homes are made available to the general public.
Am I eligible for Priority Access?
Our Priority Access offer is open to you if you meet all the following criteria:
- your household annual gross income is less than:
- Single $62,860
- Couple $94,300
- Family $132,030
- You intend to live in your new home as principal place of residence
- At least one of the purchasers is an Australian resident
How much deposit do I need?
To purchase a home at LUMA Sunshine North you will require a 10% deposit of the contract price.
It would be a good idea to get lending approval from your bank or financial institution to make sure you have enough of a deposit and can service your loan, before applying for priority access to our affordable homes offers.
How do I apply?
To apply for Priority Access at LUMA Sunshine North:
- Check that you meet all the above criteria and complete online registration of interest.
- Once you've successfully registered, you will receive an email invitation to make appointment with a member of our team at the LUMA Sunshine North Display Suite or online. You will need bring along the following documents to the appointment, so they can be reviewed confirm your eligibility:
- Australian Taxation Office notice of assessment for the prior year for each purchaser, to verify gross annual household income.
- Passport or birth certificate to verify that at least one of the purchasers is an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Completed statutory declaration (a copy of this will be included in the email).
- If you confirm your eligibility ahead of the exclusivity period, will be entitled to select and purchase preferred home as soon period starts.
- If you confirm your eligibility during the exclusivity period, will be given immediate approval to purchase.
- If you need to make a later appointment at the Display Suite during exclusivity period, will be able select from any remaining available homes when visit.